Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage TherapyRegular price £1,395.00
Take your Sports Massage Therapy business to the next level. The Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy will give you the knowledge and skills needed to be able to give your clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post-acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions therapy. Increasing your understanding of advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to you and taking you to a superior level in Sports Massage.
Next Course Dates:
Intensive Course: 21st June 2020.
If you’re new to Sports Massage Therapy then you can take our Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy course.
- Course Content
- Study Format
- Entry Requirements
- ELCAS Funding
- Course Reviews
The course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to be able to treat, and/or seek the correct common patterns of dysfunction and pre-diagnose injuries. The course will also equip learners with advanced palpation skills and those needed to analyse posture and range of movement.
The course is inclusive of a range of advanced neuromuscular and myofascial techniques optimising treatment outcomes as well as how to plan and program a client’s post-care treatment will be undertaken. In particular, students will focus on advanced neuromuscular techniques, myofascial release and the appropriate use of the ARTS and SOAP protocols.
The majority of massage therapists are self-employed and work as personal trainers or in the private sector of healthcare. Therapists are able to safely and effectively treat clients from all walks of life, suffering a variety of musculoskeletal as well as medical conditions. This offers the therapist the greatest potential for success in a career that can be immensely satisfying and enjoyable. By enhancing their skills, learners completing the certificate will be able to achieve more in the treatments applied, clearly differentiate themselves from other practitioners and drive their business practice to new heights.
Students will study three distinct units:
- Conducting a subjective and objective assessment
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
Unit Components Include
- Management of injuries
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Postural analysis
- Range of movement tests
- Active, passive and resistive stretches
- Stretching and rehabilitative exercises
- Advanced massage techniques
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger points
- The Science and Practice of Manual Therapy
- Advanced Functional Anatomy & Physiology
- Assessment of Posture, Joints, Muscle Imbalances and other Conditions
- Soft Tissue Trauma, Assessment and how Massage may Help
- Principles of Injury Management and Rehabilitation from Injury
- Active, Assisted and Advanced Stretching Techniques
- Assessment of Soft Tissues and application of Advanced Techniques
- Working Practice and Developing Your Business
- Psychology and Sports Injuries
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Professional Practice
- In-depth assessment methods and techniques
- Identifying injury and dysfunction
- Advanced massage techniques including frictions, trigger point therapy, soft tissue therapy etc.
- Devising treatment plans and post-care
Intensive Course: 3 weeks - Monday to Friday at one of our facilities in the North of England.
There will be some home-study of approx 5-hours per week that is required throughout the course to achieve the certification.
- Ongoing practical assessments and oral questioning (Two worksheets & Summative observation – Palpation)
- Five summative observations – Client assessment and treatment planning (ankle or knee, hip, spine, shoulder, elbow or wrist)
- Critical evaluation
- A completed assessment portfolio which details sports massage treatments on five clients with evidence of consultations and assessments
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- REPs recognised
- CIMSPA endorsed
Learners must hold the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
Are leaving the forces and are looking to retrain within the fitness industry? You can use the Enhanced Learning Credits to fund our courses. Contact us for more information.
ELCAS Approved Provider ID: 9004