Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage TherapyRegular price £1,750.00 Sale price £995.00
The Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy has been designed to provide fitness professionals, or newcomers to the industry, with the skills and knowledge to assess, treat and advise all clients, at any level of health and fitness, within or outside a sporting context.
CURRENT OFFER: Get a free Starter Pack when you book your Online Level 3 Course.
The Starter pack contains a portable massage bed, towels and massage cream worth £250. Everything you need to study and practice from home.
Next Course Dates:
Online Course: Start Immediately
Intensive Course: 3 weeks starting 25th-April 13th May 2022
We offer Level 3 & Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy Course Get the benefits of both courses at a discounted price.
Get 10% Off all Sports Massage Therapy equipment and accessories with our Partner Physique. Discount automatically applied at checkout, Click here to see your savings
- Course Content
- Study Format
- Course Progression
- Entry Requirements
- ELCAS Funding
- Course Reviews
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post-acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Clinical issues – safe treatment, sports massage regulation, professionalism and ethics, continuing professional development and communication skills
- Sports massage techniques including palpation, basic strokes, neuromuscular and muscle energy techniques and soft tissue release
- Assessment of clients, joint and muscle testing, assessment of posture, profiling and appropriate record-keeping
- Soft tissue damage and repair – injury occurrence and treatment
- Post-care advice – supporting clients’ return to function
We have two options:
Online Course: Study at your own pace, at home with e-learning and resources, ongoing tutor support and submission of live video assessments.
Intensive Course: 3 weeks - Monday to Friday at one of our facilities in the North of England.
- Monitoring of progress informally through observation, quizzes, and professional discussion
- Active IQ multiple choice theory paper (Anatomy & Physiology)
- Anatomy and physiology & soft tissue damage and repair revision questions
- Massage practical assessment x 3 (pre, post, maintenance massage), in line with current criteria; students required to integrate effleurage, petrissage, frictions, soft tissue release in a safe and effective treatment
- 1 to 1 practical and group/ partner work in line with the current criteria. Students will be assessed on communication, subjective and objective assessment through history taking, notation, observation, active, passive and resisted range of motion tests before moving on to palpation and treatment protocols
- 40+ hours cumulative treatment record, including thorough notes on assessments, treatments and exercise advice. Self-evaluations and client evaluation. There should be a variety of clients used. Utilising a cross-section of population age, sporting & activity levels and backgrounds
- Peer presentations may be used throughout the course noting key points on assessment used alteration in treatments and exercises
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- REPs recognised
- CIMSPA endorsed
There are no specific entry requirements.
Are you leaving the forces and are looking to retrain within the fitness industry? You can use Enhanced Learning Credits to fund our Level 3 and level 4 Sports Massage Therapy courses. ELCAS information
Also Check out our Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training to get started.
Contact us for more information.
ELCAS Approved Provider ID: 9004