Mental Health Awareness & First AidRegular price $324.04
If you want to pay a smaller amount over a longer period, you can do so at checkout.
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, mental health first aid. Helping to reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to undertake the role of Mental Health First Aider offering mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Mental Health Awareness
Understanding mental health
Recognising signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders and issues
Support and advice available.
Mental Health First Aid
Recognise the signs of mental ill health
Provide initial help to a person experiencing mental ill health
Signpost appropriate sources of help
Escalate situations when a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
Promote good mental health
Course hours - 15 hours e learning
Assessment 2 short e assessments which can be completed on demand
- Active IQ Level 2 in Mental Health Awareness
- CIMSPA Endorsed 10 CPD Points
- Active IQ Level 3 Gym and Diploma in Personal Training
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Alcohol Awareness.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Smoking Awareness and Cessation.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-being
- This qualification may also provide progression on to qualifications related to careers in mental health, health and social care, counselling, or psychology.
Are you leaving the forces and looking to retrain within the fitness industry? You can use the Enhanced Learning Credits to fund our level 3 courses.
Check out our Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training to get started.
Contact us for more information.
ELCAS Approved Provider ID: 9004