Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal TrainingRegular price £1,750.00
Want to jumpstart yourself into a career in fitness and become a Level 3 Personal Trainer in as little as 6-weeks. Study from the comfort of your own home while working around your lifestyle, getting qualified couldn't be easier. Learn from industry experts and get access to our e-learning 24/7 & Tutor support 7-days a week. Get started on your new journey in the fitness industry today.
If you’re already a Level 2 Gym Instructor, you can take our Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training course.
- Course Content
- Study Format
- Course Progression
- Entry Requirements
- ELCAS Funding
- Course Reviews
This qualification, which includes Gym and personal Training units, aims to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- Client and group inductions in a gym-based environment
- Support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status
- Planning and conducting physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if you wish to
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
Online Course: We’ve made it even easier for you to get qualified, just complete your e-learning modules in your own time.
We’ll then invite you to attend two (optional) training session and two practical assessment throughout your study.
Can't attend a session? Choose from multiple dates throughout the year.
- Online Multiple Choice Examination
- Learner Achievement Portfolio
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training
- REPs recognised
- CIMSPA endorsed
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2
Are you leaving the forces and looking to retrain within the fitness industry? You can use the Enhanced Learning Credits to fund our Level 3 courses.
Check out our Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training to get started.
Contact us for more information.
ELCAS Approved Provider ID: 9004