Level 2 Certificate in Gym InstructingRegular price £480.00
Have you ever wanted to start a career in fitness? If you have a passion for fitness and love helping others then the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing is a great starter course to get your foot in the door into your new career.
We've made it even easier for you to get qualified. You can now study from the comfort of your own home with our e-learning and work it around your lifestyle. You'll learn the skills and knowledge to help motivate and instruct others in using exercise machines, weights correctly and safely and help them work towards a healthier lifestyle. As well as this you'll also get an internationally recognised qualification.
Once you're in the gym working gaining experience and putting your skills into practice, you can then take your career the next step and become a Personal Trainer.
- Course Content
- Study Format
- Course Progression
- Entry Requirements
- ELCAS Funding
- Course Reviews
This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions. Professionalism for fitness instructing
- Personal and professional development
- Delivering exceptional customer service
Online Course: We’ve made it even easier for you to get qualified, just complete your e-learning modules in your own time.
We’ll then invite you to attend one (optional) training session and one practical assessment throughout your study.
Can't attend a session? Choose from multiple dates throughout the year.
- Online Multiple Choice Examination
- Learner Achievement Portfolio
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- REPs recognised
- CIMSPA endorsed
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Are you leaving the forces and looking to retrain within the fitness industry? You can use the Enhanced Learning Credits to fund our level 3 courses.
Check out our Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training to get started.
Contact us for more information.
ELCAS Approved Provider ID: 9004