Instructing Physical Activity for ChildrenRegular price £395.00
If you want to pay a smaller amount over a longer period, you can do so at checkout.
As a Fit Training kids fitness instructor, you’ll be fully equipped with the information needed to educate and encourage children of all ages from 5-16 years. You’ll obtain the skills and knowledge needed to plan, teach and evaluate activities for children whilst gaining a full understanding of the challenges you’ll no doubt face teaching groups of young people unsupervised. This course is recommended for health and fitness professionals (who have access to children between the ages of 5-16) who’d like to work within child-friendly leisure centres, after school clubs, personal trainers who want to expand their portfolio or those who assist in schools and who want to help promote fitness to children.
Where can I find the kids to participate?
You will have to recruit a group of kids in order to complete the practical element of the qualification. You can use kids who are:
- Family members
- Part of a local team eg. football, boxing, running etc
- Local community group eg. scouts
- Teen gym members from your local gym
- After school clubs
How will I be assessed on my Kids Fitness course?
In order to achieve your qualification you will be expected to show that you have worked with REAL children between the ages of 5-16 in a safe and suitable environment:
- Study your online materials over a time period to suit your current commitments and complete our online mini-quizzes along the way to check your knowledge
- Plan an exercise programme for children to assess your planning and delivery skills
- Meet with your Fit Training assessor online to discuss your planning elements
- Record your kids (a group of between 6-10) performing a suitably planned session and send it to your assessor who will review it and grade it to ensure you’re ready to get out there to motivate children to get fit.
**Your video assessment can be submitted either via DVD, USB stick or via e-mail/ file sharing e.g. dropbox we transfer
Do I need a DBS check?
YES. Before you start working with kids you would normally need an up to date DBS check. It would be advantageous to start the ball rolling as soon as you can. **if you are completing your practical assessment with family members you will not need a DBS but will still need to obtain one prior to you starting your own sessions once qualified.
- Planning Health-Related Exercise & Physical Activity for Children
- Instructing Health-Related Exercise & Physical Activity for Children
Complete theory modules online. Final Practical Assessment will be submitted via video to your tutor.
Pre-requisites for taking this course
- Over 16 years of age and hold a Level 2 Instructor qualification in Gym, Fitness Instructor, Group Training or Exercise To Music Qualification
- Plan and prepare two exercise sessions for 5-11 year olds and 12-16 year olds
- Instruct exercise and physical activity for children - submitted as a video recording
- Evaluate an exercise and physical activity session for children
- Active IQ Level 2 Instructing Physical Activity for Children
- REPs recognised
- CIMSPA endorsed